Monday, October 02, 2006

Splendor in the grass

It being a beautiful early October day today, we took our show on the road and laid ourselves out on a patch of the quad outside of Karpen Hall:


The day's activities consisted of laying the foundation for a study of general vector spaces. Above, the hard-working academicos and -cas are puzzling their way through spaces of polynomials.

I also handed out the first take-home exam today, due Wednesday. We'll see how that goes. I'm looking forward to being able to take a seat on Wednesday when Fiona and Niobe take charge!

2 comments:

Breezy said...

I like that you titled this blog "splendor in the Grass."
Did you know that the movie "splendor in the Grass" is one of my favorite Natalie Wood films?
well it is.

Naomi said...

I just asked myself who Francine and Naomi where. Then I felt silly and like Francine did in class on Friday.