Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The editors are in

I'm in the middle of the first "editorial meeting" with two of the students from the current 280 class as we go over the seven sections their classmates have provided for inclusion in the first "chapter" of our course "textbook." (I've never before so horribly abused quotation marks.)

It's going wonderfully: we've had great conversations about exposition and style, and about the appropriateness of various arguments and explanations. They're making wonderful and cogent points about various aspects of their peers' writing, and they're suggesting meaningful additions to the current draft, which will be taken up again this afternoon by two more of their peers.

I have to get back to it now, but I thought I'd check in. I'll report more later.

No comments: