We had another round of "Everything you always wanted to know about UNCA (but were afraid to ask)" in MATH 179 today. It came at the end of the class (after further discussion of Jupiter's moons and an overview of the Integrative Liberal Studies program at UNC Asheville), so we didn't have enough time to address every question asked, but we got a few in. We'll finish the rest on Tuesday.
I'm impressed by the students' candor and curiosity, and I'm equally impressed by the students' knowledge of campus functioning. Some of these kids are definitely up with what's going down.
- What is the cause for the recent budget cuts?
- What are the advantages/disadvantages of declaring a major?
- If 179 is one of the writing intensives, what are the other 2?
- What all will the new health and wellness center have to offer?
- Will any majors be dropped with the budget cuts?
- Where do I find info on clubs?
- What are the rules for the disc golf course? And how many holes is it?
- How much of my tuition is going toward building the community/campus gym?
- Where do you apply for a learning disability? (I write on the side WITHOUT lines, I'm such a rebel!)
- How many hours are required to graduate?
- When will the construction for Governors Village be finished?
- If I took a Spanish at my other school and it counted as both Spanish requirements if you passed and I passed then I scored below that level on the placement test what happens?