Wednesday, January 24, 2007

No time to write, but...

I just wanted to let y'all out there in the world at large know that...

1. 280 went well, with two solid demonstrations to inaugurate our student presentations. We followed that up with a discussion of compound statements, in which everyone played an active role. Although I'd take last Friday over today, I'd take today over Monday.

2. 368 was a good ol' time today. Our first student presentations went splendidly there. Oswald and Bertrand showed us a neat fact involving primitive Pythagorean triples in which the "odd shorter leg" is divisible by 5. Leonardo and Egbert had a quicker proof to give, and managed it handily. We continued by talking over Euclid's Algorithm for GCDs.

3. We had our first group quiz in 191 today, and people worked together on it WONDERUFLLY. I'm very happy with y'all! And...

4. ...I heard just hours ago that Fall 2006's MATH 365 is now officially Information Literacy Intensive! You may commence rejoicing. And yes, Fiona was the first person I told.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I shouldn't dread taking an extra class, but when you're a double major you have no time for electives. You have no idea how happy this makes me. Thank you.